Believe it or not, April is almost here! I am really excited about some of the opportunities we are going to have during the month of April at Vann Avenue. I wanted to highlight a few of those opportunities as they pertain to the Youth ministry at Vann. Before I get to the opportunities let me remind us all why the youth ministry exists at Vann.
The Youth Ministry of Vann Avenue exists to Partner with Parents and Families to help the Home glorify God by leading youth to Encounter God, Experience Community, and Engage our Community in word and deed.
That may seem like a mouthful, but I hope the activities and opportunities we plan and promote will serve to accomplish the vision we see laid out for us in the Word of God. Now to the activities…
- Caze Elementary Spring Carnival (Friday, April 8th from 4PM-8PM) We have been asked by Caze Elementary if we would like to support their carnival again by supplying volunteers and water. This particular opportunity is for the whole family as well. We will have the opportunity to pass out the bottled water and help them at different carnival games if needed. It is a great opportunity to be with some of the families from our community and engage them through the act of service.
- Sunday Morning Madness (Sunday, April 10th at 9:30AM) We want to encourage all our youth to be present in our 9:30AM Sunday school time. This is the first day kicking off our Spring Revival and we want to work hard at bringing friends as well. Prizes will be given!
- Sunday Night Revive (Sunday, April 10th at 5PM) This is the Sunday night of revival. We want to start the evening out in the Outreach Center where we will be eating, having fun, and giving out some more prizes as well. We want to pack the house on Sunday night!!!!! More will be said about this later, but if you know anyone who likes to have a good time and needs to hear about Jesus, Sunday night is the night! I believe Vann’s Youth can pack this place!
- Youth Parent Meeting (Sunday, April 17th after the morning service) After the morning service we will be having a short informational meeting in the room behind the piano.
- Youth Spring Jam (Saturday, April 23rd from 6PM-10PM) We are excited to have our first Spring Jam at Vann. We are encouraging all youth (7th-12th) to be here and bring friends, as we get together for food, dodge-ball Tournament, and music. We will also have a drawing during the evening for prizes, one of which is an ipod touch.
Although this is not an exhaustive list of all that is going on at Vann, it would be helpful to get these opportunities on your calendar. As always, I will continue to update as we go.
April’s topic on Sunday mornings and Sunday evenings is Apologetics throughout the month. We hope all youth take advantage of our small group ministry on Sunday mornings from 9:30AM to 10:15AM and our Sunday evening larger group from 5PM to 7PM.
Our Wednesday night gathering will continue to go through the book, Crazy Love, throughout the month of April from 6:00PM to 6:45PM.